Creating a successful website is not a single goal, but a three-stage achievement. It has to attract more visitors while enthralling them into lingering longer on the site; and encouraging re-visits from the usual customers. Such high-end aim can be achieved only by strategically planning the growth and expansion of the site.
The hardest step lies in the conversion of a site visitor into a customer. The next step guarantees the life-span of your customers by making them re-visit your website.
Let us discuss some easy methods by which you can encourage your customers to revisit your website.
Website Design and Ease of Use
The time that your customers spend on your website depends on the aesthetic aspect of your site along with its quality and ease of use. The basic satisfaction to be fulfilled is to have a good design along with easy navigation options to make the customers feel at ease with the website without much hassle. The customer must be able to easily find information or product that they intend to find. Enlisted are some pointers that are essential in designing a good website
- Ensure compatibility with desktops, tablets, and mobile phone screens.
- Use appropriate and easy to understand commendable language.
- Use images and videos to convey your messages.
- De-clutter to avoid any confusion on the website.
- Add a prominent search bar on your site.
Website design should focus around your user’s needs, if a website isn’t aesthetically pleasing or intuitive your website can become redundant and users will bounce from your web page.
Content Design and Website Usability
The easiest way to give your visitors a reason to come back to your site is by creating relevant and engaging content. Though the norm of a successful return-visitors site is to follow a simple content, as a rule, adding a small segment of entertaining and interesting content can pique the fun for your website and thus its return-visitors count. Most visitors than visit any eCommerce website have a product in mind already. So give them easily accessible search bar options for comfort without time waste on unnecessary clicks. Pointers for keeping your customers interested on your site are:
- Place your search bar on top where it is easily visible.
- Place your new contents on highlighted format.
- Follow this arrangement with popular contents.
- Show the products that would complement the previous products purchased by the customer.
- Show all the offers up front on your site with exciting images.
Post Purchase Customer Engagement
Maintaining a proper communication channel with the customer after a successful purchase of a product is essential to encourage their re-visit. Send them emails asking for a review of the product. Update them via email on any upgrades or offers related to the product. Send them newsletters or posters to give the knowledge about your newly arrived products. Offer ideas on increasing the life of the product or requesting service when the product is at fault. Some pointers for encouraging re-visit:
- Offer some reduced costs on other products that are linked to the origi